On 14 May 2013, at 00:24, meekerdb wrote:

On 5/13/2013 2:49 PM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
Does the UD compute *all* functions or only those that are recursively enumerable?

It computes all of them.

It computes only the computable one. But it generates all inputs and streams, like in the WM duplication, it generates all sequences of W and M, so the UD computes all computable functions, on all inputs/ oracles.

By comp our mind states are UD accessible, as they are brought by some computations.

AFAIK, the latter, as a set, has a measure zero as a subset of the former. This is one reason why I worry about the viability of UDA (and AUDA), it postulates a severely restricted subset of the possible functions as ontologically primitive without a good argument as to why. Just because we finite mortals can only counts in terms of natural numbers is not an argument that All-that-Exists is limited to that standard. Man is NOT the measure of all things!