On 09 Jul 2013, at 20:37, John Clark wrote:

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> "atheism" is different in America and in Europa, although I have realized now that some atheists in America might be similar, but not Hitchens. Many people confuse agnosticism and atheism.

1) A atheist is someone who dismisses the idea of God, although some don't have the courage to also dismiss the word G-O-D.

Atheists differ on this. Some indeed dismiss the idea of God, and dismiss as much Hindhuism and Christianism, Aristotle Gods and Platonic Gods. But then they believ in Matter, the "thrid God" of Aristotle. But they want you to believe it is not a God, and seems unable to understand that IF everything comes from primitive matter, it does play the role usually attributed to God. No one has ever seen primitive matter, nor explain how it proceeds, etc. Primitive matter is an etraoplation of the SENSES to number relations inferred from experiences.

2) Christopher Hitchens said "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"

Very good. So we can right at the start dismiss the God "Matter".

3) There is no evidence the idea of God is true.

There is no evidence that there is white giant sitting on the clouds.

4) Christopher Hitchens dismissed the idea of God (and he had the courage to do the same with the word G-O-D).

Really? I think he dismissed only the institutions, and the superstitions, not the theological concepts of the greeks and indians.

Therefore Christopher Hitchens was a atheist.

In a local and non interesting sense; once we aboard the fundamental questions.

Bruno

  John K Clark