On 21 Sep 2013, at 23:19, meekerdb wrote:

On 9/21/2013 9:18 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
No, memories I consider direct experiences, since they require only that we are conscious. Indirect experiences would be experiences which we can only detect using our body's sense organs. Indirect experiences are 3p, thus they are bodies in space, direct experiences are 1p, so they can contain any combination of imagined forms, thoughts, feelings, etc.

That is not enough clear for me. I can't figure out what you mean by indirect experience. I guess you mean experience (1p) occurring when you think about a theory (like there is something on the other side of the moon). That kind of things can mix a lot first and first person plural aspects. Keep also in mind that 'bodies in space' are first person plural notion, they are not 3p.

No he means 'indirect' because you could experience the same vision by having your optic nerve properly stimulated. So when you 'see a chair' that is indirect - it is an interpretation of what your optic nerve is doing.

OK. Thanks.