On 13 Oct 2013, at 20:14, Telmo Menezes wrote:

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 6:58 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

if you agree that each copy (the W-man, and the M-man) get one bit of
information,

I agree that if that one bit of information that they both see is not
identical then the 2 men are no longer identical either and it becomes
justified to give them different names.

Ok, so you then also have to agree that John Clark 1 second ago is not
identical to John Clark 2 seconds ago. But things would get a bit
confusing if I started calling you Mary Sue now.

Both you and external observers agree that you are still John Clark.

Either you claim that teleportation is fundamentally different from
time passing in generating new John Clarks, or you don't. Which one is
it?

I suspect you think they are the same, but I also predict an attempt
to avoid answering the question directly, possibly combined with
comparing me to a baboon with below-average IQ and early onset
dementia.

Lol.

Bruno

then you agree with the first person indeterminacy.

I agree that life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're
going to see next. Forrest Gump had that figured out a long time ago.

As far as personal identity or consciousness or a continuous feeling of self is concerned it it totally irrelevant if that prediction, or any other prediction for that matter, is confirmed or refuted, nor does it
matter if the prediction was probabilistic or absolute.

? (as far as I can make sense of this sentence, it looks like it makes
my point)

I'm very glad to hear that. But what was your point?

 John K Clark