On 10/18/2013 11:06 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 19 Oct 2013, at 07:52, meekerdb wrote:

On 10/18/2013 9:49 PM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 19 Oct 2013, at 00:34, meekerdb wrote:

On 10/18/2013 1:29 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    On 10/18/2013 12:18 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
    Note: I do believe we experience all possible outcomes, and you can even
say in
    truth there is only one "I"

    In your theory a person is a chain of experiences, so different chain =>
    different person. It seems more accurate to say there is no "I".

But the chain is immortal and cyclic,

Why do you assume it's cyclic?  Where was it before life evolved?

convoluted with periods of amnesia,

Amnesia = gap in the chain.

branching, etc. Any state eventually leads to every other state.

Sounds like wishful thinking.

Why? It entails that there is only one person,

Not only that, it entails that the one person lives each life over and over.

Like in Gödel rotative universe.

But time is an indexical, it makes no sense to ascribe an absolute time to the living of an experience.

But "I" is indicial too, so it makes no sense to say it is the same person.

In the UD all experiences are "lived" an infinity of times, but the 1p makes it
unique,

And it makes the 1p unique.

Brent

and the infinity will play a role only in the statistics on the relative
futures.

We belong all the "time" to finite computations, cyclic computations, and infinite non cyclic computations. At first sight, only those last one can change the relative measure on the consistent extensions, so we can say that finite and cyclic computations have a measure zero for the 1_p.

Of course this needs some "AUDA-confirmation", but the fact that the S4Grz logic is a temporal logic is promising for this. I think.

and that is deducible from the statement that the two Washington and Moscow copies are and stay the same Helsinki-person. It is also coherent with what results from identifying oneself with the universal machine that we are, or the Löbian one. We might be that machine, in different context. We know she has an already very sophisticated (Plotinian) theology.

(Then salvia seems to be able to make us conceive that she is conscious, and that her consciousness is out of time, space, etc. That is admittedly very weird).

Bruno

http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/ <http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/%7Emarchal/>

No virus found in this message.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>.