On 19 Oct 2013, at 09:30, Jason Resch wrote:

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

convoluted with periods of amnesia,

Amnesia = gap in the chain.

Memories are not a necessary requirement for experience and thus are not a requirement for subjective continuation and survival. You survive despite forgetting things, or being in a meditative state not drawing on any past memories.

I agree, but I agree also that this can be debated. Needless to say that for doing predictions, and confirming or refuting them (like when doing physics, or testing the FPI, which should be the same with comp), memories are needed.

Bruno

branching, etc. Any state eventually leads to every other state.

Sounds like wishful thinking.

I will accept that when you can point to a computational state not reachable from some other arbitrary computational state.

Jason