On 10/19/2013 12:30 AM, Jason Resch wrote:

    Amnesia = gap in the chain.

Memories are not a necessary requirement for experience and thus are not a requirement for subjective continuation and survival. You survive despite forgetting things, or being in a meditative state not drawing on any past memories.

You're talking about long term memories. If you lost ALL memories I don't think you would be the same person. Having experiences is not necessarily the same as being Jason Resch.

    branching, etc. Any state eventually leads to every other state.

    Sounds like wishful thinking.

I will accept that when you can point to a computational state not reachable from some other arbitrary computational state.

Anartica is reachable from California, but that doesn't mean I'm going there.