On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 5:34 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 10/18/2013 1:29 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
>

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>  On 10/18/2013 12:18 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
>>
>> Note: I do believe we experience all possible outcomes, and you can even
>> say in truth there is only one "I"
>>

>>  In your theory a person is a chain of experiences, so different chain
>> => different person.  It seems more accurate to say there is no "I".
>>

>  But the chain is immortal and cyclic,
>

> Why do you assume it's cyclic?

For the same reason Poincare believed in recurrence.

> Where was it before life evolved?

Before and after are only directions relative to some point of view.

>   convoluted with periods of amnesia,
>

> Amnesia = gap in the chain.

Memories are not a necessary requirement for experience and thus are not a
requirement for subjective continuation and survival. You survive despite
forgetting things, or being in a meditative state not drawing on any past
memories.

>   branching, etc. Any state eventually leads to every other state.
>

> Sounds like wishful thinking.

I will accept that when you can point to a computational state not
reachable from some other arbitrary computational state.

Jason