but personal purpose must be metaphisical. I mean transcendental, beyond
our own. Except in the case of people in the edge, that are concerned with
its own survival.

you can not find meaning working every morning for a society if your
society has not a purpose,a plan itself for going along.

The need for an ultimate, transcendental purpose is so strong that every
people gets depressed (even to suicide, Boltzmann for example) by the idea
of a the thermal end of the Universe, even knowing that this end is
unimaginably ahead in time.  I find no better example of how purpose, long
term planning for survival and transcendence are related in the human mind
with quite practical consequences.

2013/11/26 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>

> On 26 Nov 2013, at 00:32, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

>>> You implicitly are saying:
>>>
>>> 1) The only and certain purpose is to act according with the laws. So
>>> there
>>> is a purpose, although not personal purpose
>>> 2)These laws are ultimate causes and conform the matter, make it be, so
>>> as
>>> such, They are beyond and prior to nature, that is, They are
>>> sobrenatural.
>>> and
>>> 3)All the Laws are known.
>>>

>> I'm saying that there is no logical reason why there should be any
>> purpose to life. What "purpose" means is pretty vague but I take it as
>> something over and above your (1). Atheists may find "purpose" in,
>> say, living a happy life or contributing to society, but there is no
>> logical reason for those things to happen either.
>>

> But we don't know that. There is no logical reason there shouldn't be a
> purpose to life, universes and consciousness.
> And there might be deep reason, yet arithmetical reasons,  why we can live
> happy lives.
> Like they might be also reasons that it might not yet be as simple as some
> would like to thought.
>
> Bruno
>

>> --
>> Stathis Papaioannou