On 27 Nov 2013, at 01:00, meekerdb wrote:

On 11/26/2013 2:49 PM, LizR wrote:
On 27 November 2013 11:34, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
On 11/26/2013 1:20 PM, LizR wrote:
On 27 November 2013 07:22, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

Suppose you work for yourself instead of society. Or as George Carlin put it, "If I'm here for other people, what are those other people here for?"

"What has posterity ever done for me?"

This is an evolutionary choice between being a loner or a herd animal. Some predators tend to be loners, a lot of prey tend to be herd animals. Humans appear to be prey - we generally do a poor job of surviving long term without the protection of society.
Wolves and orcas are 'herd' animals too.

You did notice that I said "some" predators, right?

Sure. But you inferred that humans are prey animals. That seems very doubtful. Even Australopithecus was apparently a hunter (c.f. Robert Audrey "African Genesis"). Chimps and baboons sometimes hunt. I think humans are a lot more like wolves than like antelopes.

Humans are wolves *and* muttons.

We are also incredible colonies of "protozoa" and "bacteria".

Eventually the universal beings know that they are who they believe to be. Personal identity is personal matter. Some people will recognize themselves in the wolf, other in the mutton, and that's good as the recognizance can help to change the roles.