On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
>
>  > You are the one making systematically a confusion between the 1-view
>> and the 3-view.
>>

> For several years now Bruno Marchal has accused John Clark of that, but
> John Clark would maintain that there is not a single person on the face of
> the earth who is confused by the difference between the first person and
> the third person.
>
> > Your bad faith becomes blattant.
>>

> Faith is always bad.
>
> > What are you afraid of?
>>

> Pronouns and other forms of fuzzy thinking.
>
> > I mean what everybody mean by computationalism in the cognitive science
>>

> Bullshit. "Comp" differs from computationalism in that "comp" includes all
> the silly (and contradictory) conclusions from your error riddled "proof".
>
> > We assume comp!
>>

> Every logical man should assume computationalism, no logical man should
> assume "comp", the ideas behind it are as nonstandard as the word itself.
>
> >  we can put our shoes in them.
>>

> That's not the problem. In your duplicating machine thought experiment
> there are lots and lots of shoes around and one pair is no better than
> another, so its completely ambiguous to say that after duplication "you"
> will see this but "you" will not see that.
>
> > The guy in W will say, "gosh, I am the one in W, why?"
>>

> Because he's the W guy. He did not turn into the W guy and then see W, he
> saw W and then turned into the W guy. And both the W guy and the M guy will
> say I was the H guy.
>

>> > the first person does not feel has having duplicated.
>>

> There is no "the first person" there is only "a first person".

>> else.
>>
>> > Not a first person experience FROM the view of the first person
>> experience.
>>

> FROM  which "first person experience" is Bruno Marchal referring to?
>
> > Do you agree with this? That the probability in Helsinki that (you will
>> feel to be in one city) is equal to one?
>>

> ^^^
>  WHO THE HELL IS "YOU"? Bruno Marchal simply can not speak about personal
> identity unless there are lots of personal pronouns to hide behind.
>
>   John K Clark

I don't know what further evidence the list needs. It is clear that John is
assuming bad faith in his exchanges and trolling again.

Thankfully, I did not waste my time reading it: read the first line, saw
the CAPS at the end, told me all I need to know. I'll endeavor to not
dignify this sort of message with serious thought or responses any longer.
Just "automated" two line responses to mark his trolling, for the less
initiated readers. PGC