On Dec 29, 2013, at 8:19 AM, "Edgar L. Owen" <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

Jason,

O, for God's sakes! You believe souls exist?

I do. I think many accepted and leading theories in science suggest that the "soul" for lack of a better word. It is that each of us has that feels and experiences, it is immaterial, it transcends the physics of "this universe", in that it can travel between universes, it is immortal, eternal, and it can even experience reincarnation, ressurection to realms of unlimited freedom (heavens, paradises, nirvana), and can even unite with a superior being (divine union, moksha).

In short, many of the mystics and various religious ideas appear to be correct given our current sciebtific understanding, and purely atheistic and materialistic views of science are, as a consequence, wrong.

I don't expect you to take all these claims at face value, as each requires substantial explanation. I am, however, in the process of writing a book that explains each of these concepts in more detail and shows exactly how each idea follows durectly from different well- established scientific theories.

I thought this was supposed to be a scientific forum!

Who is to say that souls are not amendble to scientific investigation?

Why must all scientific theories necessarily be silent on such matters?

Jason

Edgar