No, I don't agree with that at all. As I've said on a number of occasions,
reality is obviously computed because it exists. What more convincing proof
could there be? If Bruno's comp claims reality is non-computable it's pure
nonsense that is conclusively falsified by the very existence of reality.

On Thursday, January 9, 2014 8:12:46 PM UTC-5, Liz R wrote:
> On 10 January 2014 13:51, Edgar L. Owen < <javascript:>>wrote:
>> Liz and Terren,
>> I'm thinking more about this and think I've now changed my mind on it.
>> After all I (my mental state etc.) do continually change from moment to
>> moment yet I have no doubt I'm still me. I'm not the 'same' person, but I'm
>> still me by all reasonable definitions.
>> Therefore assuming an exact momentary but SEPARATE clone, that clone
>> would no doubt tell everyone it was me, but the still extant me would of
>> course disagree.
>> Now assuming no 'ghost in the machine' or soul, for which no evidence
>> exists, and that our mental states and consciousness are entirely a product
>> of our biological bodies, then consider replacing various parts with exact
>> copies. If say a leg was replaced with an exact copy (assuming instant
>> healing to match the original) then I doubt 'I' would notice any
>> difference. So my brain was (could be) instantaneously replaced with an
>> exact copy with the exact neural circuitry and neural states then I suppose
>> 'I' would still think I was me. I don't see why not.
>> So what's the point? I forgot what it was...
>> The point is that once you agree that your brain could in principle be
> replaced with a copy, Bruno's "comp" arguments follow, with various
> consequences (including reality being non-computable, I think - but check
> with Bruno).

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit