Dear Edgar,

  You wrote: "there is not a single universal processor, there is a single
processor CYCLE. All information states are effectively their own
processors, so the computational universe consists of myriads of
processors, as many as there are information states (more or less). But all
these myriads of processors all cycle their computations together in the
same present moment, i.e. in the SAME computational space."

  As someone deeply involved in studying distributed computation from the
inside and the outside, I have to tell you, there is no difference between
"a single computer" and "a myriad of processors that all cycle their
computations together". That is a difference that does *not* make a
difference. Unless you take concurrency into account (and it does not seem
that you do) there is no distiction between a single processor running "the
universe as a computation" or a huge number of processors running
in parallel as you describe.

  The problem is that if the distribution of physical processors is wide
enough in space and the processors have different associated velocities in
their motions, there is no such a thing as a single frame
of simultaneity for them all to be said to be "cycling together in the same
present moment". Nope.

   Add to that simultaneity problem the problem of resource allocation and
one has a real mess! (Forget about the intractability issues...) There
seems to be a lot of bad thinking when it comes to what exactly is a
computation. Let me try a definition of "computation":

Any transformation of information.

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher