On 1/10/2014 1:34 AM, LizR wrote:
On 10 January 2014 22:27, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:

    I don't think that there can be a single or multiple processor computing
"the state
    of the universe". In fact there is no such universe. The universe is an
appearance
    emerging, from below the substitution level, on all computations going
through our
    current state. A single computation can hardly do that a priori, although
this is
    not excluded, but this would lead to a newtonian-like type of reality.
Everett
    confirms that such a computation cannot be unique, which is the default
stance in
    the comp theory, although we cannot avoid at this stage some possible
conspiracy by
    numbers leading to a unique computable reality.

Surely a single computer could run the UD, at least until it wore out?

As I understand it the multiverse, the world, is the complete output of the UD. In effect the UD must "finish" in order to have computed the world, which of course is an uncomputable output.