Stephen,

It's not 'ideal monism'. Trying to shoehorn it won't help you understand it.

Just take the pure information content of everything that exists out of the
'things'. You have pure information. Now assume that information is
continually evolving to compute the current state of reality. Where does it
exist and evolve? Not in a physical world, but in the presence of reality
itself. Only because there is something that exists called reality which
supports these computations do they become real and actual...

Imagine reality as analogous to an ocean, and information as the forms that
may arise within that sea, the ripples, waves, currents etc. This
information is continually interacting and evolving producing the current
state of the ocean. That's a good model for reality. Reality is a
non-physical ocean of being, in which the information forms representing
all the things of the world continually computationally interact to produce
the current information state of reality.

It's really a pretty simple model. You just need to drop the assumption
reality is physical and dimensional at the fundamental level. Why should it
be?

Edgar