On 14 January 2014 14:55, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Liz,
>
> There is no FTL because this is not a physical dimensional space, it's a
> computational space. The notion of 'together' is computational interaction
> rather than dimensional co-location.

How is a computational space defined?

> Clock time doesn't produce the processor cycles because clock times are
> computed by those cycles. Only a separate Present moment P-time can provide
> processor cycles that clock time can be computed within.
>
> Sorry I was using "clock time" in the sense of a computer's clock, i.e. to
mean processor time.

What is an elemental computation?

Presmably all the information involved can be represented digitally? If so,
then it can only take on certain values - a single processor would perhaps
be storing a particular number on a given clock cycle. The limiting case
would be a single bit - which is what happens in the Game of Life. More
likely, if the processors are going to output the universe, they would have
to store larger value, but one of a finite range of values.

I'm not sure I see how the "active evolution" differs from "sequential data
states", given that the computations are synchronised by a universal
processing cycle.