On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 2:55 PM, <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

> Very well, go ahead and power it all down. Shut off the cars, kill the
> lights, take a bike. Are you suggesting that we continue to burn filthy
> coal, or horrible uranium, while we try to goose up solar and wind to
> replace it?!! Why that will take decades and the catastrophe is already
> upon us. The heating of the atmosphere and the degradation of the lands and
> seas, cannot wait (your guys tell us). Or what are they really saying, put
> into motion in real life? It comes down to a culture of complaint from the
> green-reds, rather than actual workable solutions. I want technical
> solutions, but then, I am in the minority, as you indicate, and your side
> (and it is your side) wants people controlled and dominated (impoverished)
> and I see myself as someone who'd rather help people, liberate them, rather
> that 'manage' them. If I was one of the people who decided things, what
> would you do?

You are one of the people who decides things.

Energy costs are on the rise, no matter our political outlooks. You can
decide to take a risk to try and mitigate this, which is complex and not as
easy as listing your political preferences and intolerance.

You talk "I'm in minority", which does not make sense because the majority
of the world is not taking steps to make energy and environment more
sustainable. You are in the majority, talking/chatting and not doing. Even
if you feel you're in the minority: do something.

You talk "liberating people"... then do it and save us the sermon.

You talk "anti-state" but you advocate inaction. So basically the right for
us to live in the effects of our trash/wasteful behavior, complaining about
powerful interests, that through your inaction and ideological fox chanting
extend their range by just another person.

You talk "technical solutions" and you hope for some revolution among
engineers. Good luck with that, but why judge people with a more nuanced
and differentiated approach to the problems you state, who will not
hope/wait for instructions or engineer revolution and start to plan and
invest in transition means to mitigating energy's rising costs?

The question has long shifted from your black and white "yes-no" to the
grey complexities of real life with "how" on local, personal, and global
levels. If you don't see this, then why keep preaching your political
stance? Just be as wasteful as you can for as long as you can, before
somebody shows up and says: "Business as usual will keep costs rising and
poverty increasing, which we can't sustain long term; this behavior is
stupid." Join fossil fuel lobby or something. Well paid job and you'll be
more effective there than on this list, regarding this set of problems. PGC