On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> [...]

Religion does not stand on the same footing as science. Religion overarches
and encompasses everything, including science.

> Inviting me to parse some ancient text for meaning is not equivalent to
> providing me with experimental evidence for this hypothesis of this alleged
> monotheist deity you are proposing exists.
>
> Can you provide such experimental evidence?

No, nor do I attempt to. I believe the monotheistic deity I worship exists,
but I do not expect others to embrace my faith. I am guessing that since I
suggested that the Quranic statements are scientifically correct, and hence
should be considered, the members on this list assume that I'm preaching
Islam? Is that why you ask for experimental evidence?

> I posted a selection of verses which contained info verifiable by today's
> science, PGC doesn't agree to their being as proofs of 'factual accuracy'.
>

> You presented some interesting perhaps, but inconsequential little tidbits
> that have nothing to do with the central hypothesis you are defending.
> Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my impression that you are proposing
> your brand of monotheism as being scientific and on equal footing. If this
> is indeed what you are attempting to state then I am going to respectfully
> disagree and challenge you to provide something more relevant to the core
> hypothesis, i.e. the existence of this particular monotheist deity.

If a book contains no mistakes in the verifiable part, what chances are
there of it being correct o the non-verifiable part?
Samiya