On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:34 AM, Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Now I see why I am unable to answer you. Thanks for explaining!
> So, in principle, you are against any claims of factual accuracy from any
> person or religion, and therefore prejudiced against all scriptures?

That would be too quick. I think most religions make good points, if we
handle them respectfully and carefully, instead of them handling us to be
short.

>  Given that I am convinced about the Quran being the truth from God, and
> you convinced that nobody can have anything from God,

A supreme entity is possible. And a privately fruitful relationship with
personal theology as well. I'm just unsure that some people have the right
to force other people on this matter; or to convert them to do or think
anything beyond their personal, unprovable relationship to such a possible
incomprehensible god. Especially when people fight, label other people to
wage war, or cause suffering.

An example of theology in written word or scripture I appreciate:

According to Goethe's Faust (ending of second part), a work of fiction, god
also takes care of those who doubt, because they believe more passionately
in searching the creation than merely "believing in it", which allows the
doubting mystic Faust to exercise greater mercy and love (having searched
and question creation and god more, he learned to do gods work better by
loving more truly...).

Gretchen, the innocent feminine principle, whom Faust has wronged
intervenes in the heavenly court: "He might have done wrong. But his search
was sincere." The eternal feminine principle in the judging role, grants
Faust's into her heaven, despite his profound mistakes and sins.

I try to enjoy and be inspired by many good scriptures, exemplars, and
science. But I don't know about their truth and don't care about forcing
these on others. This is because I have faith in that people's relation to
their theology is untouchable, should not be violated, sacred if you will;
with the problematic exception that we sometimes cause pain and suffering
with its clash with reality and our violent histories. I have faith in
seeking and doubting honestly, so that we can learn how to continuously
better ourselves and our inseparable relation to, in your words, creation,
reality, truth, and other people.

So if Quran mentions respect and search positively, I agree for example. I
tend to disagree with the stuff that commands us about our personal
relation to god, what god is, what not to search (prohibition), to fight
for god etc.

Samiya

> I don't see if there is a point in continuing this debate.

I see it more as a questioning exchange. I don't intend to win anything
here :-) but ok, of course. PGC

> Thanks for indulging me and letting me express my point of view. I pray
> that God blesses all those who earnestly seek with assured faith. Amen.