On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​>> ​
>> The question is why does
>> ​
>> Bruno Marchal
>> ​ absolutely
>> insist
>> ​​
>> on using personal pronouns even when duplication machines makes them so
>> obviously ambiguous?
>

> ​> ​
> I don't see any ambiguity given that we have agreed that "you" meant, in
> the 3p, the guy who remember Helsinki.

​To hell with this 3p crap!  We agreed that "you" meant remembering being a
man in Helsinki *PERIOD.* ​

> ​> ​
> And yes, in the 3p, you are in W and you are in M. But in the 1p
> ​ [blah blah]​

​The guy has been duplicated, there is no such thing as " *the* 1p". ​

​>> ​
>> To complete the experiment after the duplication
>> ​
>> Bruno Marchal needs to find the person, the one unique person, who wrote
>> all that stuff in the diary.
>

> ​> ​
> Er... ? You forget that the guy has been duplicated,

​Well somebody has certainly forgotten that
the guy has been duplicated,
​ but John Clark is not the one who keeps talking about "you" and "*the*
1p" after the duplication as if there is no ambiguity.

> ​>​
>  I need to interview the two copies

​Yes indeed. And how many cities will those two yous observe from the first
person?​

​John Clark believes the answer is 2.

  John K Clark​