On 05 Aug 2015, at 02:13, chris peck wrote:

@ Bruno

>> You forget that you and Peck are the only one having a problem here.

Im not sure thats true. True, there is a fair amount of uncritical support,

This is just insulting the participants of the list, or the members of the jury of my phd, or of the price, and the whole academy.

but from what I see people kind of give you the benefit of the doubt at step 3 agreeing that there is something wishy washy about it.

What is wishy washy? You attribute thought to other people?

I think you are just doing rhetorical arguments, to give the idea that there is something controversial. But that is a myth. It is contrevresial for people who eiminate consciousness and persons from the scientific discourse, probably because they know since 1500 years that their power is nsustained by that systemic lie.

You talk like a Aistotelian who jates the idea that Arstotelism is a theory, an hypothseis, something science asks us the duty to doubt about.

People kind of accept there would be a continuity of consciousness from H to W and from H to M,

That follows from step 0, the dinition of comp, and the preceding steps.

and they believe that is the important thing, then they blindly succer into the idea that because W and M only see one city this has some baring on how H should calculate his 'expectancies'.

Assuming mechanism, it is hard to see how they could avoid this.

They make a fundamental and understandable error, and you push them very hard to make that error.

Nice, so you have see an error. I am listeling.

 The truth is that ....

Of course, if you know the truth, there is not much we can discuss about, isn't?

if you knew you were going to be duplicated you would bet on W very differently than if you know you have been duplicated and havent opened the door yet. Knowing you have been duplicated is a very different situation from knowing you are going to be.

I use indeed, explcitly the following principle; if today I can bet with certainty that I will be uncertain about the outcome of some experience tomorrow, then I am today uncertain about that outcome.

But that principle is derivable from the notion of personal identity on which Clark and me agree. I let you this as an exercise.

But if you don't believe in that principle, can you give me the best prediction of anyone undergoing a self-duplication and asked about what expect to live, and the means of verification?

I can imagine my subjective view evolving seamlessly from H to W, and also imagine my view evolving seamlessly from H to M.

Good. That is indeed the correct 3-1p description, which is, basically the protocol given. But we don't ask about this, we ask about what to expect to live, in, and from, the subjective side.

But to ask which one will be me asks me to suppose that one evolution over the other is THE valid evolution of the subjective view.

Of course NOT.

"THE" is valid for BOTH: it is the experience that they are indeed living after the duplication has been done.

Both (W & ~M) and (M & ~W) will be consistent continuation, but the "the" is due to the fact that fetre the duplicaation is done, subjectively there has been a bit of information given, and so, FOR BOTH, the use of the term "the" in Helsinki makes sense. No one will pretend to be the "truly original", but they will still agrre that the reconstitutions in the different environment has given a first person selection.

But there is no genuine reason to prefer one over the other.

Thta's the point, and that is why they both get one bit of information, exactly like someone measuring a quibit in the maximally complementary base.

So to bet one which one I will be is a stupid thing to do.

Of course not, see what I explain just above.

You try to get away from that fact by torturing semantics.

Not at all, I use simple definition, and only crackpot pretend have seen a mistake here, and have never been able to convince anybody on this, except those who does not read argument and follows authorities, which in the "perish or publish" type of "modern research" is very often mandatory.

No semantics have been harmed in the doing of the demonstration.

You ask 'which one will you live to be' and what have you, but really, the question is just silly.

This is ridiculous and comp proves that all copies will refute this.

BUT, They are both *A* valid evolution.

In the 31--p. Sure. That's part of the protocol.

But in the 1-p, they get both *THE* valid evolution they were predicting about (the one they get).

So it is possible to talk sensibly about them both being valid evolutions of a 1P view and that H can expect both.

Intellectually, but when they get both, they still live only one of them, as they both confirm.

You seem to just persist ignoring the question like John Clark. We don't ask an intellectual description, which indeed follows trivially from the protocols, we ask about you you expect to live, and all copies, they get that unique experience that they were not able to predict in advance. They guy who get the sequence (in the iterated duuplication) WWWWMWWMMWW say: "no I could not have predicted that," and most people get something similar.

You can't have it both ways Bruno. If THE 1p of W is not THE 1p of M, and clearly they are not, then equally neither THE 1p of W or THE 1p of M are THE 1p of H.

You continue to use the Leibiz identity rule where eeven John Clark is aware this makes no sense.

Bruno