*I wrote the following a few days ago but didn't send it because I intended
to say more, but other things came up that seemed more important so this
will just have to do.*

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:56 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​> ​
> when in still in Helsinki, can be sure that his first person experience
> will be of being in once city,

​Mr. His may have been absolutely sure​

​but Mr. His was also absolutely incorrect​, that tends to happen a lot. If
Mr. His had been correct then after the duplication all the people who
remember being Mr. His would be in only one city but clearly they are in
two.

> ​> ​
> and that he cannot prdict which one.

​Which one? When the prediction was made there was only one. Please explain
exactly what that means, hell even approximately what it means would be a
vast improvement.  ​

> ​> ​
> "he" will very well know where "he" feel to be after pushing the button.

​After? ​
Nobody can make a prediction AFTER pushing the button​
​ because then its not a predicting its just reporting.

​And AFTER the button is pushed there are 2 people who go by the name "he"
which causes endless confusion, but that's not a bug its a feature if you
want to hide fuzzy thinking.​

> ​> ​
> the prediction is about his *future* first person experience.

​So you tell me did "his" end up in, one or two? If it's one did it turn
out to be Moscow or Washington?​

​>> ​
>> that one and only one city the H-man sees is Helsinki. ​
>

> ​>​
> Not after pushing the button.

​IRRELEVANT! The question MUST be asked BEFORE pushing the button. What
exactly did the Helsinki Man fail to predict? ​

> ​> ​
> The first person experiences available are "feeling to be in Moscow" and
> "feeling to be in Washington"

​And after the button is pushed BOTH of those feelings will be felt by
somebody who remembers how things were BEFORE the button was pushed. So If
Mr. Beforethebutton​ispushed

​said "What one and only one city will I, ​
Mr. Beforethebutton​ispushed

​see after the button is pushed?" is that a question or is that gibberish?
If it's a real question then it must have an answer even if that answer
can't be predicted, so you tell me, does it have an answer, one and only
one answer?​

> ​>>​
>> ​ ​
>> and only one of them can occur for any of its future first person
>> experience.
>

> ​> ​
> You just continue to ignore that the question is on a future first-person
> experience.

​There are 2 ​
 first-person experience
​s and the Helsinki man ​correctly predicted who would see what. And n
obody and nothing can
​predict ​
the thing that caused the
​m​
to come into existence because the first requirement in being a good
predictor is existing.
​Seeing Washington cause the Washington Man to exist and seeing Moscow
caused the Moscow to exist​.

> ​> ​
> There is no ambiguity,

​Then name the one and only one city it turned out to be!​

​

John K Clark​