On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 6:28 AM Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

*> Matter = observable*

Speed is observable, is speed matter? The qualia red is observable, is red
matter?

> > Primary matter is the doctrine by Aristotle

If I never hear another word about Aristotle I will not in any way feel
deprived.

> >A realm is primary if it cannot be reduced to some other field”.

OK

*>May believe that biology is not primary, because it can be reduced
> (apparently) to chemistry and physics. *

Yes

> > *with Mechanism, physics is reducible to number theory or Turing
> equivalent.*

No. You can't have a Turing Machine without a machine and you can't have a
number theory, or a theory of any sort, without a brain made of matter.

> *Digital Mechanism  is the doctrine that there is a level of description
> of our body such that we can survive with a (physical) digital brain or
> body, if it faithfully represents our body’s functionality at that
> description level.*

Digits are numbers so I guess you believe in Digital Mechanism, unless you
believe there is something special about the atoms that happen to occupy
your body right now so that they "cannot be reduced to some other field",
that is to say unless you believe the matter in your body is primary.

John K Clark