> On 30 Dec 2018, at 18:56, agrayson2...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 12:10:12 PM UTC, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
> > On 24 Dec 2018, at 16:29, Mason Green <mason...@hotmail.com <javascript:>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > David Deutsch suggested something like this I (that individual universes
> > are discrete, but the multiverse as a whole is continuous).
> >
> > “within each universe all observable quantities are discrete, but the
> > multiverse as a whole is a continuum. When the equations of quantum theory
> > describe a continuous but not-directly-observable transition between two
> > values of a discrete quantity, what they are telling us is that the
> > transition does not take place entirely within one universe. So perhaps the
> > price of continuous motion is not an infinity of consecutive actions, but
> > an infinity of concurrent actions taking place across the multiverse.”
> > January, 2001 The Discrete and the Continuous
>
> This is consistent with Digital Mechanism, and plausibly mandatory too. The
> computations evolves discretly, vertically in the universal computational
> deployment (the tiny sigma_1 arithmetic), but the first person indeterminacy
> is horizontal and takes into account infinitely many computations. But the
> precise topology and cardinality remains open problems.
>
> Bruno
>
> Applying this to a horse race, one not only gets dIscrete multiple universes,
> one for each horse as the winner,

Why? I don’t see this. Horses could be classical machine, in which case the
same horse is the winner in all, or quasi-all universes.

>  but assuming space is continuous, an additional uncountable set of universes
> for each winner, where the losers have different positions when the winner
> crosses the finish end line. This is not only beautiful. but utterly sublime.
> Wouldn't you agree? AG

Yes, the multiplication would occur (assuming space continuous). But the same
horse would still be the winner, except perhaps if two horses are so close that
in some universe another one wins the race, due to that location superposition.
Yet, if the horse behaves classically, with respect to their muscular force and
strategy, the winner will be the same in some majority (say) of worlds. That is
a good thing, as it makes it possible for large creature to have a partial
control on their destiny, and take a lift instead of jumping through a window.
Of course such a classical appearance have to be explained from the quantum
formalism, and with mechanism, such quantum formalism has to be justified from
the statistics on many computations (of all types).

Bruno