On 1/11/2019 3:24 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
Anyway, the question is if it is true or false. In mathematics, mechanism restricts realism only to finite mathematics, or arithmetic. This is basically the idea that 2+2=4, and that this is true independently of me.

But "true"and "exist" are different things. Mathematics uses "exist" to mean "satisfies some predicate".  But we don't think Waston existed because he satisfied "the companion of Homes".