> On 6 Jun 2019, at 19:34, 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List
> <everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> On 6/5/2019 6:04 PM, John Clark wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 8:15 PM 'Brent Meeker'
>> <everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Do you call ISIS and Hezbollah governments?
>>
>> They make laws, force people to pay taxes ,conscript them into their army.
>> and give people no choice. It sure sounds like a government to me.
>>
>> > Of course under almost all governments it is illegal to kill any citizen
>> > for pay.
>>
>> Solderers are payed by the government and so are the police, and they have
>> both been known to kill people, sometimes on a industrial scale..
>>
>> > I don't think anarcho-libertarians are, on average, more immune to racist,
>> > populist fear-mongering that other people.
>>
>> I don't either but the morality of anarcho-libertarians has nothing to do
>> with it. There will be a Private Protection Agency  protecting Jews and if
>> there is another one that is trying to kill them then the employees of both
>> agencies will have very dangerous jobs and both will expect to be very well
>> payed .
>
> Those are called armies.  So why didn't the Jews have an army?  And it's not
> just Jews, it's Roma, and homosexuals and atheists and guys who crossed
> Hitler in politics?  What you're suggesting is every man for himself.  Which
> of course quickly leads to forming tribes of mutual protection, which leads
> to city states, which leads to nations, which apparently doesn't lead to
> rational world government.
>
>> I maintain that the agency protecting the Jews will  be much better payed
>> (and thus it will attract the most skilled warriors) and also they will
>> be.much better equipped than the agency that would like to kill them
>> because the 6 million Jews would be willing to spend everything they have if
>> needed for protection while the 40 million Germans would not.be
>> <http://not.be/> willing to spend everything they had on destruction.
>>
>> Another good thing is that when its clear that the soldiers on both sides
>> are just fighting for money then all the current crap associated with war,
>> like glory duty and heroism , would be diminished and the job of soldiering
>> would seem no more glorious than being a hedge fund manager on Wall Street.
>
> That's my main criticism of libertarianism...it assumes people are just
> motivated by money.  Money's only one form of power.  German soldiers were
> not especially well paid by the Nazis.  And why would the Russians care
> whether Hitler or Stalin ruled them?  Did Osama pay the 9/11 guys well?
>
> I'm reminded of Bruno's theory that everything is computation…

Just to be exact. My working hypothesis is “Indexical Digital Mechanism”. It is
“YD + CT” to sum it all.

My contribution is a theorem: which says that if we assume Mechanism, it is
undecidable if there is more than the additive and multiplicative structure of
the natural numbers, or Turing equivalent.

But most things are not computation. The mixing of the codes of the total
computable functions and the strictly partial one IS NOT computable, yet
“arithmetically real” and this will have a role in the “first person
indeterminacy” measure problem.

If Mechanism is true, very few things are computable, or even deducible in
powerful theory. Both consciousness and matter are typically not computable,
yet absolutely real, for all Lôbian machines, from their phenomenological
perspective.

Every is numbers, or computations, which means we can limit the arithmetical
reality to the sigma_1 sentences eventually, but that means only that the
fundamental ontology is very simple. The interesting things, including god,
consciousness and matter all get their meaning and laws from the
phenomenological perspective.

So, to say that with mechanism, that 'everything is computation’ is a bit
misleading, as the phenomenologically apprehensible things will all be non
computable, and yet are *real*, as we all know.

For consciousness you need only to agree that it is

True,
Knowable,
Indubitable,
(Immediate),

And

Non-definable,
Non Rationally believable

Together with the invariance for some digital transformation at some
description level.

> and so everything must be explainable in terms of computation.

In terms of addition and multiplication, you can understand where consciousness
come from, why it differentiates, and the transfinite paths it get involved
into, and why Reality is beyond the computable, yet partially computable,
partially and locally manageable, partially observable, partially and locally
inductively inferable. Etc.

Even just the arithmetical reality is far beyond the computable, but from
inside, the sigma_1 (ultra-mini-tniy part of that reality) is already bigger
than we could hope to formalise in ZF or ZF + Large cardinal.

Digital mechanism, well understood (meaning with understand the quasi direct
link between the Church-Turing thesis and incompleteness, (which I have
explained many times, but I can do it again), is constructively
antireductionist theory. The Löb-Gödelian machines, those who obeys to the
probability/consistency laws of Solovays (cf G and G*) can defeat any complete
theory anyone could conceive about them.

Only numbers at the ontological level, OK, but the crazily interesting things
appears at the phenomenological levels, where things are no more very
computable at all.

Bruno