From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, May 1, 2022 9:38 am
Subject: Re: The Nature of Contingency: Quantum Physics as Modal Realism

On Sat, Apr 30, 2022 at 7:34 PM George Kahrimanis <gekah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is what I understand; correct me if I am wrong. In the multiverse
> created by a single split, we define the space-time distribution of
> mass/energy in this multiverse as the weighed (Born) sum of the distributions
> of the branches. So, each mass in each branch doesn't change; only its
> contribution to the corresponding "multiverse-total" mass is weighed.

Yes.

> What is the point of a multiverse-total mass?

There is very little point in talking about the Multiverse's total mass/energy
because, as I've said many times, in General Relativity the conservation of
energy is not even well defined at the largest cosmic perspective, however some
seem to have a fetish about that particular law and want to preserve it at all
cost. So even if cosmologists find a way to make it useful at the cosmic level
(it is and always has been useful at the local level) Many Worlds can
accommodate it, but at least at the present time Many Worlds doesn't have much
of a use for the conservation of energy, nor does any the other theory that
concerns fundamental cosmology.
nuc

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv2Afc8X85jSXCdQo1gnXBRib_QsZH2VfMwZBES5t%2BO1gg%40mail.gmail.com.