> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
> <richardhughes103@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:

> is
> can't
> them
> > >

> > > Honestly, I don't think many are left, at least compared to
the
> > > numbers that started.
> > >
> > > It's pretty easy to spot some of the more prevalent
> meditational
> > > issues (like falling asleep), esp. if you're a domer. It's only
> > more
> > > recently we've actually had number of TM-sidhi people being
> > > investigated by experienced yogins for meditational disorders
> and
> > > damage. The reports I've heard are that it's a prevalent
problem
> > in
> > > long-term TM-sidhi people, as it tends to cause imbalanced
> > awakenings
> > > and a host of issues. How prevalent? It's hard to say.
> > >

> > Vaj, can you enlarge on this a bit. Who is this "we" doing the
> > investigating?
> >
> > I ask because I'm really not sure if the TMSP is doing me any
good
> > anymore, I don't like doing long progs either, I used to but now
> it
> > makes me feel shite, really thick-headed, tired and angry,
nothing
> > easy or relaxing about it.
> >
> > It's easy to just go along with the TMO claims about unstressing
> but
> > I've been losing confidence in the whole TM charade for a while
> now,
> > maybe that's the cause of it, if you don't believe in the
> supporting
> > philosophy perhaps you lose the ability (or will) to transcend.
> >
> Speaking from personal experience, what TM and especially the more
> powerful TMSP does, is continue to set up the bodymind or nervous
> system (choose your term...) to experience enlightenment. After
> awhile, the bodymind becomes so attuned to experiencing this that
it
> is almost ready to sustain it. But, the false identity and the
> couldas, wouldas, and shouldas keep wanting to intrude and get into
> strong conflict with this natural state.
>
> So if you want to give yourself a break and perhaps integrate into
> activity a little more, lay off the siddhis altogether, and just do
> TM 2x a day-- maybe some regular exercise too, just to keep the
> runaway intellect from trying to always intercede and control
> things. It will balance you out and perhaps give you a little bit
> more insight into where your attention needs to be for your
personal
> issues to be resolved.

Thanks for the advice Jim I know what your saying, but I'm not sure
my intellect is trying to control anyhting when I meditate. It feels
like the state of consciousness I get into is putting to much strain
on me, it's not that "I" strain it's just like my mind doesn't want
to be there at all! It's mentally and physically unpleasant. You are
right though I shall give the sids a miss for a bit, I'd pretty much
done that anyway.

I wonder how many stop TM because of things like this. I think Vaj is
right in that this awakening can go wrong and there is no expertise
in the TMO to help you cope with it, not that I've ever heard of
anyway, it's just "do more asanas" usually.