<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > I ask because I'm really not sure if the TMSP is doing me any
good
> > > anymore, I don't like doing long progs either, I used to but
now it
> > > makes me feel shite, really thick-headed, tired and angry,
nothing
> > > easy or relaxing about it.
> >
> > These are not unusual symptoms for someone with an imbalanced
> > arising, but let these people consult with you, they are
extremely
> > detailed, authentic and have helped a lot of damaged people.
>
> Just as an alternative, non spiritual viewpoint...
>
> Perhaps you don't need any more passive relaxation.  There may be
> nothing wrong with you that needs fixing.  Your symptoms also match
> dissociation caused by too much passive relaxation.   When I stopped
> meditating about 19 years ago it felt a little weird for a few days
> and I sometimes had to take an afternoon nap since I was used to
> resting then.  But in less than a week I felt great and have never
> desired the state again.  I found that dissociation caused me to be
> little detached from my feelings in a way that muffled them a bit.
> enjoy the clarity non meditation has brought.
>
> I don't think meditation is a bad thing for everyone, but I also
don't
> think it is a good thing for everyone.  Unless you are really
> committed to the belief  in gaining enlightenment through
meditation,
> you might just want to find out for yourself if meditation really
> serves your current needs. Not meditating changes you and surprises
> you as much as meditating does.  I enjoyed meditating for the 15
years
> I practiced.  I never missed one and rounded for about 3-4 years
> total.  But my life as a non meditator is satisfying enough that I
> would not consider going back to the meditation influenced
functioning.

> I am writing this just to let you know that there is a satisfying
life
> after TM.  When people get into TM heavily I think there can be a
> belief that non meditators are living less full lives.  For me that
> has not been the case, it has been the opposite.

Thanks Curtis. You're right, it is easy to get into the feeling that
life would be less rich if I quit this habit. It's also been so long
I can't imagine life without it. What do you do with the extra
hours ;-)

A part of me would love to get on a meditating trip that I thought
was working and re-capture the love of it I had years ago, which is
why I will check out Vaj's recommendation, but the inner voice has
been telling me it's over for a while now. I've learnt new things
which are powerful in a different way. There is more we can do and be
without all this unstressing etc and once you have a new technique
that does what you were originally looking for the drive to solve
problems via TM disappears.

The only purpose of meditation for me now is gaining enlightenment,
which seemed like a big deal once, not so sure now.