Richard, you talk like a true believer on the basis of dogma.  You cannot know
what Deltablues state of consciousness is through knowing him via emails. I
don't remember who it was that claimed yoga was exclusively Indian, and my
question was is the realization that Purusha is distinct from Prakriti
tantamount to the realization that "There is a void outside existence which, if
entered into, englobes itself and becomes a womb?" The obvious answer is,
"yes."  That statement comes from William Blake who practiced no technique and
had no indoctrination on consciousness etc.  He lived in the late eighteenth
century in an intellectual milieu that had invented empiricism.  And yet he
understood states of consciousness to the point of clear descriptions of
epistemology in each of those states--which he could not have done without
experience.

Any of us can talk a good shtick about enlightenment.  Anyone can learn that
language.  Delta refuses to talk that way, but that doesn't mean he is doomed
unless he gets a spiritual master.  He may be a master. Remember the Gita's
answer to the question about how does an enlightened man sit, talk, and walk?
The answer was there's no way you can recognize him on the basis of these
things. a

"Richard J. Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Curtis wrote:
 > When I stopped meditating about 19 years ago it felt
 > a little weird for a few days and I sometimes had to
 > take an afternoon nap since I was used to resting then.
 > But in less than a week I felt great and have never
 > desired the state again.  I found that dissociation
 > caused me to be a little detached from my feelings in
 > a way that muffled them a bit. I enjoy the clarity non
 > meditation has brought.

 You stopped TM when you lost your innocence and began
 the practice of Guru Yoga, as pointed out by Mr. McGurk.
 This probably happened about the time that you decided
 to become a teacher of TM. In reality, you have never
 stopped meditation, for the simple fact that you never
 began meditation.

 In fact, you were born into a state of meditation, but
 as you grew older you became dissassoiated with your
 real state - your mind became slowly identified with the
 material world of name and form, until it became totally
 overshadowed by your material nature.

 When you started TM you probably transcended for a few
 moments - this would be called a flashback to your
 previous state of divine innocence - but then you stopped
 transcending and somehow became involved in Guru Yoga,
 following the Marshy. Your spiritual life would have
 probably evolved over time if you had remained in that
 innocent state. Instead you must have developed a hankering
 for intellectual knowledge which then began to overshadow
 your enlightened state.

 With time you became more and more enmeshed in the
 material world, thus losing your contact with the
 transcendent. Now you only see through a glass darkly;
 your previous clear state has now become almost lost
 due to your being caught up in the material world. You've
 lost the abilty and the opportunity to burn up your karmic
 accumulations. Your only hope now is to find a true
 spiritual teacher.