--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin" <jflanegi@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
> > <richardhughes103@> wrote:

> > is
> > can't
> > them

> the

> > meditational
> > > more
> > and
> problem
> > > in
> > > awakenings
> > > >

> > > Vaj, can you enlarge on this a bit. Who is this "we" doing the
> > > investigating?
> > >
> > > I ask because I'm really not sure if the TMSP is doing me any
> good
> > > anymore, I don't like doing long progs either, I used to but
now
> > it
> > > makes me feel shite, really thick-headed, tired and angry,
> nothing
> > > easy or relaxing about it.
> > >
> > > It's easy to just go along with the TMO claims about
unstressing
> > but
> > > I've been losing confidence in the whole TM charade for a
while
> > now,
> > > maybe that's the cause of it, if you don't believe in the
> > supporting
> > > philosophy perhaps you lose the ability (or will) to transcend.
> > >
> > Speaking from personal experience, what TM and especially the
more
> > powerful TMSP does, is continue to set up the bodymind or
nervous
> > system (choose your term...) to experience enlightenment. After
> > awhile, the bodymind becomes so attuned to experiencing this
that
> it
> > is almost ready to sustain it. But, the false identity and the
> > couldas, wouldas, and shouldas keep wanting to intrude and get
into
> > strong conflict with this natural state.
> >
> > So if you want to give yourself a break and perhaps integrate
into
> > activity a little more, lay off the siddhis altogether, and just
do
> > TM 2x a day-- maybe some regular exercise too, just to keep the
> > runaway intellect from trying to always intercede and control
> > things. It will balance you out and perhaps give you a little
bit
> > more insight into where your attention needs to be for your
> personal
> > issues to be resolved.
> >

> Thanks for the advice Jim I know what your saying, but I'm not
sure
> my intellect is trying to control anyhting when I meditate. It
feels
> like the state of consciousness I get into is putting to much
strain
> on me, it's not that "I" strain it's just like my mind doesn't
want
> to be there at all! It's mentally and physically unpleasant. You
are
> right though I shall give the sids a miss for a bit, I'd pretty
much
> done that anyway.

Sounds like it could just be too much meditation at this point and
not enough integration-- My experience was as I progressed, TM and
TMSP became incredibly efficient and powerful. Like you are doing
anyway, just lay off the TMSP for awhile, or permanently if you want
to. *Get into your body more*.

> I wonder how many stop TM because of things like this. I think Vaj
is
> right in that this awakening can go wrong and there is no
expertise
> in the TMO to help you cope with it, not that I've ever heard of
> anyway, it's just "do more asanas" usually.

Where there is a will, there is a way.