> > I ask because I'm really not sure if the TMSP is doing me any good
> > anymore, I don't like doing long progs either, I used to but now it
> > makes me feel shite, really thick-headed, tired and angry, nothing
> > easy or relaxing about it.
>
> These are not unusual symptoms for someone with an imbalanced
> arising, but let these people consult with you, they are extremely
> detailed, authentic and have helped a lot of damaged people.

Just as an alternative, non spiritual viewpoint...

Perhaps you don't need any more passive relaxation.  There may be
nothing wrong with you that needs fixing.  Your symptoms also match
dissociation caused by too much passive relaxation.   When I stopped
meditating about 19 years ago it felt a little weird for a few days
and I sometimes had to take an afternoon nap since I was used to
resting then.  But in less than a week I felt great and have never
desired the state again.  I found that dissociation caused me to be a
little detached from my feelings in a way that muffled them a bit.  I
enjoy the clarity non meditation has brought.

I don't think meditation is a bad thing for everyone, but I also don't
think it is a good thing for everyone.  Unless you are really
committed to the belief  in gaining enlightenment through meditation,
you might just want to find out for yourself if meditation really
serves your current needs. Not meditating changes you and surprises
you as much as meditating does.  I enjoyed meditating for the 15 years
I practiced.  I never missed one and rounded for about 3-4 years
total.  But my life as a non meditator is satisfying enough that I
would not consider going back to the meditation influenced functioning.

I am writing this just to let you know that there is a satisfying life
after TM.  When people get into TM heavily I think there can be a
belief that non meditators are living less full lives.  For me that
has not been the case, it has been the opposite.