> Hmm.  I didn't realize this was such a "subtle thing".  For me it's
> just a shift in perception, like deciding to tune in on a different
> conversation while at a noisy party.  I've always called it the "party
> line", a reference to the time when telephony was very expensive.  An
> entire neighborhood of houses shared the same phone line.  The phone
> would ring at only one house, but the conversation was carried over
> the single line that joined all the houses in the neighborhood.  If
> you wanted to make a call, you'd have to pick up the phone and see if
> there was a conversation already on it.  This also allowed for
> evesdropping.  There is a level in my perception where everybody's
> thinking.  I suspect this is the level of telepathy and perhaps
> intuition, as you can have a conversation with many others by just
> thinking and receiving the thoughts of others.

What I'm talking about is not about a shift of perception as changing from one
channel to the other in the flow of the mind's chattering. It is something that
I perceive going on the more subtle, very silent levels. This level I can
perceive also simultaneously as I active on grosser levels and am also having
gross level thoughts appearing.
And most of it I don't perceive as thoughts. It is more like packages of ideas
zipped, images, influences and very subtle flows of energy and sensations, I
don't consiously initiate myself at all.