--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2011, at 2:08 PM, sparaig wrote:
>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, maskedzebra <no_reply@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >>  You don't acknowledge self realization as anything special
> >> anyway, so you can't have it both ways, can't push against
> >> something that according to you does not exist. And if that's your
> >> game, you're a troll - not that there's anything wrong with it.
> >>

> >> May I correct your assumption here? I do acknowledge self
> >> realization as "special". It does exist�as a subjective
> >> experience supported and sustained by those Vedic gods. In this
> >> sense it can even be said to have an objective existence. It's
> >> just that it is not Reality's (God's?) idea of something that
> >> represents what Reality (or God) is. I convinced all the persons
> >> (they had to be doing TM to get this, however) who were around me
> >> for ten years that I was in Unity Consciousness. And I believe to
> >> this day, that I WAS in such a state of consciousness. It's just
> >> that at one point I realized very definitively and in an
> >> uncontradictible [if there be such a word] way that my state of
> >> consciousness  did NOT embody reality. It was a very remarkable
> >> and convincing hallucination.
> >
> > MMY basically said that unless you can perform the siddhis at any
> > time, you can't really lay claim to being in Unity.
>

> Direct quote please?
>
> Advaita Vedanta, the darshana associated with Unity, does not make
> any such claim.

Dunno where he got the idea. Others on this list have reported him as saying
the same thing. maskedzebra just confirmed what I said in his previous message.
Whether or not his claim was valid, isn't the point. The point is that within
the TM organization, claims of "Unity" can be validated, or rather,  falsified
with a single test.

L.