--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...>

lurkernomore20002000@ wrote:

> > <raunchydog
> > quoting Judy:
> >
> > > "I don't see how anybody can ever hope to get anywhere near the
larger Truth if they have no concern for the smaller truths of everyday
life, including on this forum. If we can't be honest with each other,
how can we ever be honest with ourselves?" ~J. Stein

> > It sounds so good doesn't it. Who could argue with that in theory.
But put into practice by Judy, it just doesn't play out that way does
it.

> > But she will continue, with her fifty posts a week, fighting every
battle large and small. Okay, medium and small. Alright, alright. mostly
all small. And winning each one. Okay, vanquishing each opponent.
Alright, alright, annihilating any opposition with her superior logic
and ability to site posts five years back.

> > But that's our Judy.
> >

> Sounds like you've been on the losing end of an argument with Judy a
time or two, Steve.

Raunchy, you're kidding right.  Everyone has been on the losing end of
the arugument with Judy without exception likely beginning with her
first post.  Please don't state something some obvious.  I hope your
subsequent points are a little more substantive.

Exactly how did she so handily annihilate you with her superior logic?

Okay, I goofed.  In many cases the correct term would be "twisted" as it
pertains to logic. Er, her logic.

Here's the thing, Steve,(Curtis can chime in here), it's not possible to
be logical about anything unless you have command of the facts.

Facts are funny things.  That can be used in a context where they can
indicate different things.  The unemployment rate is 8.1%.  Romney:
This is an unacceptable and a sign of continued failed economic policy.
Obama:  The unemployment rate is on a steady decline.  It shows we are
on the right track to economic recovery.

You may have noticed, I certainly have, that the only time Judy nails
you is when you don't have command of the facts and you end up making
false statements.

Except that so much of what we discuss here are opinions.  Most of the
time what we discuss here are opinions.  I think the objection is that
Judy often states her opinions as fact.  And then there is what I have
called her "ace in the hole" where she can know what you actually mean
to say, or how you actually feel, even if you state the contrary.

If someone made a false or misleading statement about you, would you
want to let it stand or would you want people to know the truth? Of
course you would you want the truth. Dollars to donuts, Judy would be
the first to defend your honor and you would thank her for it. In
veritate victoria: "In truth, triumph."

Of course I would want her to stand up for me in that situation.  And in
many cases I have seen her do that for me and others.  But in many other
instances I have seen her display tremendous partisonship in disputes
where, at least in my opinon, the truth is far away from the position
she is taking.  Again, just my opinion.