> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Supplying some mental floss for this exchange and just in case Judy's use
> > > of quotation marks is obfuscating, I'm sure it's not me she is quoting as
> > > I did not write those words.  Or even think them.  Maybe herself?  Or
> > > someone from another decade?
> > >
> > > PS  I'd rather be a supposed "pompous, reality-avoiding dormouse" than a
> > > rageful, reality-obfuscating dirty fighter.  BTW, The previous sentence
> > > shows the clean fighting way of using quotation marks as the words
> > > enclosed therein were actually written by a FFL poster.
> >
> > You've got a pretty strong charge going on there, Share. Maybe it's
> > something to reflect upon. It's quite clear to me Judy wasn't quoting
> > anything you actually said. Her alternate approach to supplying subtext,
> > that I've seen her use with Barry, might have been: Says Share, especially
> > disliking the negativity of having her mistakes and falsehoods called to
> > her attention. She really hates that.
>
> What I normally do is put "Translation:" before the
> proposed subtext. In this case I was *adding* something to
> what Share had said ("Especially when...") rather than
> supplying subtext for what she had said, so "Translation:"
> didn't apply. But I knew nobody would think it was
> something she herself had said, so I just left it in
> quotes.
>
> I should have known she'd try to obfuscate it.

I'd forgotten the form "Translation:" for subtext: amplifying unspoken words,
turning up the volume to clarify the message. IMO Share disliked the content of
the "quote" quote. Rather than confront the issue, she called attention to the
quotation marks, which is a safe bet for not owning up to anything you've
called her on. Except that doesn't work out too well on a forum that provides
little in the way of an escape hatch from yourself. The only way out is having
enough courage and integrity to face the little gremlins in your psyche working
real hard to keep you from knowing yourself...self and Self. FFLife is the
perfect place to banish your gremlins and own your strengths and weaknesses.
Where else can you get this much therapy for free? Over the years, we've come
to know each other so well that the mirrors we hold up to each other, whether
true or distorted are a unique blessing when used for self-reflection, a
blessing some of us more or less embrace.