--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> >
> > Supplying some mental floss for this exchange and just in case Judy's use
> > of quotation marks is obfuscating, I'm sure it's not me she is quoting as I
> > did not write those words.  Or even think them.  Maybe herself?  Or
> > someone from another decade?
> >
> > PS  I'd rather be a supposed "pompous, reality-avoiding dormouse" than a
> > rageful, reality-obfuscating dirty fighter.  BTW, The previous sentence
> > shows the clean fighting way of using quotation marks as the words enclosed
> > therein were actually written by a FFL poster.
>
> You've got a pretty strong charge going on there, Share. Maybe it's something
> to reflect upon. It's quite clear to me Judy wasn't quoting anything you
> actually said. Her alternate approach to supplying subtext, that I've seen
> her use with Barry, might have been: Says Share, especially disliking the
> negativity of having her mistakes and falsehoods called to her attention. She
> really hates that.

What I normally do is put "Translation:" before the
proposed subtext. In this case I was *adding* something to
what Share had said ("Especially when...") rather than
supplying subtext for what she had said, so "Translation:"
didn't apply. But I knew nobody would think it was
something she herself had said, so I just left it in
quotes.

I should have known she'd try to obfuscate it.