> On Feb 22, 2007, at 3:11 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:
>
> > It's...what...eight years later now?
> >
> > And Andrew Skolnick, the non-meditator, has moved
> > on and wisely doesn't even THINK about TM and TMers
> > any more, especially about those few insane TMers
> > who once obsessed on him and did everything they
> > could to try to destroy him and his reputation
> > because he wrote a few things they didn't like
> > about Deepak Chopra in a medical journal.
> >
> > And the same amount of time later, those *same* pro-
> > ponents of meditation, the thing that is supposed
> > to free them from attachment and make their lives
> > bliss, are *still* obsessing on Skolnick and rubbing
> > their cyberhands together with glee as they plot
> > how to destroy him and his reputation. The only
> > thing that has changed for them in all these years
> > is now they try equally hard to destroy Chopra and
> > *his* reputation as well.
> >
> > Sure speaks volumes about the value of TM, eh?
>

> I was more impressed with the ability of certain "sidhas"
> to predict and make movie reviews they hadn't seen using
> the power of the unified field of all the laws of nature.
> It was SO coherent! I felt so peaceful just hearing them.

If you like coherence, check out Willytex's comment
to Paul's latest blog entry over on TM-Free. In it
he says,

> So, Paul, you're saying that Mahesh was in
> Calcutta with the Shankaracharya, Swami
> Brahmanand Saraswati, when the Guru sat up
> in bed with his legs crossed and took his
> last breath.
>
> And, you're saying that after the Swami
> expired, Mahesh took the body and put it on
> a train and sent it to Kashi.
>
> Then Mahesh put the upright-sitting body in a
> concrete trunk and sank it in the Ganges River
> in front of a large group of people.
>
> And you're saying that after that, the Mahesh
> took the Guru's sandals, his high chair, his
> umbrella, and other official accoutrements,
> including all the land and buildings at
> Jyotirmath and gave them to Shantanand, who he
> then installed on the Gaddi at Jyotirmath.

The hilarious thing is that Paul said NONE of those
things in the blog entry Willytex is responding to.
Not one of them.

Now I think we all know that Willy's got a few linger-
ing mental problems from all that prairie dog poontang
he's been tasting, but he does present himself as an
On The Program TMer. So doesn't THAT just give you a
warm feeling of peace and serenity?

> OK, it was laughter, but that's bliss, right?

Damn straight. Laughter is always a good thing.

I was kinda expecting what's-her-name to jump into the
Firefly vs. Babylon 5 debate. After all, she would feel
imminently qualified to do so, having seen neither series.

> They don't seem as good at going back in time...but then
> again, the movie review siddhi twasn't dat good either...

I don't know...being able to review films you've
never seen gives you a *tremendous* advantage over
other film critics. You could call yourself The
Blindfolded Film Reviewer and beat Ebert to the punch
every time.

And, when someone mentions that The Blindfolded Film
Reviewer included some elements in her review that
weren't in the film AT ALL, she can just scream at
them and make up stories about them. Hey! that approach
has worked wonders for Rush Limbaugh, so I'm betting
that The Blindfolded Film Reviewer show will be a
big hit.

The first films reviewed will be:

* "Inland Empire" (2006) -- a glowing, positive review,
stressing the filmmaker's...um...coherence and aversion
to the violence that The Blindfolded Film Reviewer finds
so abhorent.

* "One: The Movie" (2005) -- a *scathing* review of this
New Age film, stressing the appearance of Deepak Chopra,
Ram Dass, Thich Nhat Hahn, Robert Thurman, and others
she will refer to as "spiritual lightweights," while
blasting the filmmaker for not including Maharishi.

* "How I Won the War" (1967) -- again, a real new-asshole-
ripper of a review of this film in its re-release, stress-
ing Lennon's obvious stress upon leaving Rishikesh and
saying the things he did back then, and his lack of coherence
for making such a strongly pro-war film.

* "Boogie Nights" (1997) -- another positive review this
time, stressing Heather Graham's contributions to the film,
and how her TM-inspired...uh...perkiness added to its
overall coherence and general sense of family values.

* "Candy Baby" (1969) -- the best review of all, for what
will be obvious reasons if you check out its IMDB page at:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182866/  Similar positive
reviews will be made for "Aliens from Spaceship Earth"
(1977) and "Romeo und Julia 70" (1969), for the same
reason. There can, after all, be no better recommendation
for a film than it containing a cameo by not only an
enlightened being, but the MOST enlightened, BESTEST
spiritual teacher in all of recorded history, on any
planet anywhere in this universe or any other.

:-)