If it smells really, distinctively bad, it could be coccidia.......  I still
agree with the others that it's the antibiotics, and it needs some time.

Melissa Lind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Hi Caroline,

  I was thinking about you and the kitties. I’m glad to have a new topic to
discuss—thanks!

  Anyway, I gather from your post that they didn’t have diarrhea before or soft
stools right? I know my vet told me the antibiotics can cause diarrhea. We had
Ashley on Clavomox because of her cow-pie stools, but even after she was
finished with the Clavomox, it took 2 weeks for the stools to harden. She still
has a touch of the soft stools and some stinky gas now and then, but the smell
isn’t unbearable as it was before. Our house no longer smells like a giant
litter box. This may sound gross, but how’s the smell? With Ashley it was
nauseating—it could seriously bring you to your knees. It turned out to be
persistent parasites or bacteria or something like that which hadn’t gotten
cleared up from the first trips to the vet’s. She was a kitty eating out of a
dumpster, and I think the vet figured that because of the damage done, it was
taking longer to rehabilitate her. However, she came to me with diarrhea; she
didn’t develop it. And it took several months to get better
 (after much distress on my part). But, like I said, the vet said the
antibiotics can cause diarrhea. Maybe it just takes a while to get out of your
kitties’ systems.

  I think it’s great that you load up on the vitamins and supplements, but you
make me feel like a negligent mommy!

  Oh, we also switched Ashley to some blander food for a while. I think it was
Science Diet ID or something like that. But, I think you’re light years ahead
of me on the nutritional side of things anyway.

  I hope you find homes for your babies really soon. You should post some
pictures of them for us! We could all use a little cheering up and a reminder
that the kitties, not our egos, are the most important things here.

  Melissa