Hi Caroline,

I was thinking about you and the kitties. I'm glad to have a new topic to
discuss-thanks!

Anyway, I gather from your post that they didn't have diarrhea before or
soft stools right? I know my vet told me the antibiotics can cause diarrhea.
We had Ashley on Clavomox because of her cow-pie stools, but even after she
was finished with the Clavomox, it took 2 weeks for the stools to harden.
She still has a touch of the soft stools and some stinky gas now and then,
but the smell isn't unbearable as it was before. Our house no longer smells
like a giant litter box. This may sound gross, but how's the smell? With
Ashley it was nauseating-it could seriously bring you to your knees. It
turned out to be persistent parasites or bacteria or something like that
which hadn't gotten cleared up from the first trips to the vet's. She was a
kitty eating out of a dumpster, and I think the vet figured that because of
the damage done, it was taking longer to rehabilitate her. However, she came
to me with diarrhea; she didn't develop it. And it took several months to
get better (after much distress on my part). But, like I said, the vet said
the antibiotics can cause diarrhea. Maybe it just takes a while to get out
of your kitties' systems.

I think it's great that you load up on the vitamins and supplements, but you
make me feel like a negligent mommy!

Oh, we also switched Ashley to some blander food for a while. I think it was
Science Diet ID or something like that. But, I think you're light years
ahead of me on the nutritional side of things anyway.

I hope you find homes for your babies really soon. You should post some
pictures of them for us! We could all use a little cheering up and a
reminder that the kitties, not our egos, are the most important things here.

Melissa

  _____