Something that may have already been addressed: Feed the absolute best you can.......no grains if possible. Dixie eats organic and Primal Raw + finely chopped carrots, spinach etc. One of my holistic vets recommends vitamin C. There are lots of good supplements. Dr. Susan Maier at the Horizon Vet Services in Simpsonville Ky does phone consultations and has had good luck with FELV+. Dr. E A Boswell in Louisville Ky has also had good luck. I see both of them and think the world of them. They compliment and do not replace my regular vets. If you decide you need phone consultations I'll get you phone numbers or you can Google them.
On Feb 13, 2008, at 9:14 PM, wendy wrote:

Hey Lynne,

My name is Wendy. I've been active on this site for over 2 years now, although not as active lately. There are lots of good people here and it looks like you've been given some great advice. I just wanted to say a few things that came to mind as I read the posts regarding Boo Boo, some of which might have already been touched on. First, if you don't find a vet that will work to save Boo Boo, find one who will. It means all the difference in you and Boo Boo being supported at this trying time. Second, absolutely get the prescrip for doxycycline and treat for hemobartaenella regardless of the test. It's extremely difficult to see the parasites on a slide; one minute they're there, the next they're not. The treatment is three weeks minimum. Third, prednisone (or prednisolone) is a good treatment for anemia. Also, depending on how dire the anemia is, Epogen might also be good. There is lots of information on both of these treatments in the archives. Fourth, what is the anemia diagnosis? Is it regenerative or non-regenerative anemia? What is Boo Boo's HCT/RBC/PCV count exactly? If you don't have a copy of his bloodwork, call the vet and get it so that you know exactly what you're dealing with. You can post those numbers here and there will be people who know what they mean who can help you and Boo Boo.

Please keep us posted on Boo Boo's progress and if you need anything at all, just ask!
:)
Wendy
Dallas, TX

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

----- Original Message ----
From: Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:00:58 PM
Subject: CLS

I'm sorry for not being knowledgeable of this, but what is CLS and the bridge you folks refer to?

I've been busy trying to find some ray of hope for my BooBoo. I showed his blood work to the doc next door at work, who is a dog lover, not a cat but he interpreted it as being pretty bad. He said he has no platelets. He then got on the phone to a Vet friend who takes care of his dogs and gave him a brief history of Boo and his blood work. The vet said there was nothing I could do about the situation and that most cats after being diagnosed lived for 2 years at a max. I don't even know when BooBoo contracted the disease so who knows how long he has. This vet though kept saying, it doesn't mean he's going to die, whatever the H that means. I also have a pharmacist friend who is meeting with a vet friend of his in Detroit tomorrow and he too is running Boo's history by him to see if there is anything at all to help him. Apparently Immuno Regulin is not available here in Canada so he's going to talk to this man about it tomorrow. People have been very kind and honest but I just am finding this impossible to accept. I can't wait to get home from work to see him and almost start bawling when I am with him. I totally hate this. I just hope he isn't feeling any pain. He mostly sleeps but does purr a lot and seems to love having us around him. I just don't know what else to do.

Lynne