Lynn, this is the story of the Rainbow Bridge:

RainbowsBridge.com
 Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet
goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special
friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and
sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor.
Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we
remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy
and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to
them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and
looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs
carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you
cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses
rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look
once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but
never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Hope that answers your question about the Bridge.
Sue

---- Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
I'm sorry for not being knowledgeable of this, but what is CLS and the bridge
you folks refer to?

I've been busy trying to find some ray of hope for my BooBoo.  I showed his
blood work to the doc next door at work, who is a dog lover, not a cat but he
interpreted it as being pretty bad.  He said he has no platelets.  He then got
on the phone to a Vet friend who takes care of his dogs and gave him a brief
history of Boo and his blood work.  The vet said there was nothing I could do
about the situation and that most cats after being diagnosed lived for 2 years
at a max.  I don't even know when BooBoo contracted the disease so who knows
how long he has.  This vet though kept saying, it doesn't mean he's going to
die, whatever the H that means.  I also have a pharmacist friend who is meeting
with a vet friend of his in Detroit tomorrow and he too is running Boo's
history by him to see if there is anything at all to help him.  Apparently
Immuno Regulin is not available here in Canada so he's going to talk to this
man about it tomorrow.  People have been very kind and honest but I just am
finding this impossible to accept.  I can't wait to get home from work to see
him and almost start bawling when I am with him.  I totally hate this.  I just
hope he isn't feeling any pain.  He mostly sleeps but does purr a lot and seems
to love having us around him.  I just don't know what else to do.

Lynne