Hey Lynne,

My name is Wendy.  I've been active on this site for over 2 years now, although
not as active lately.  There are lots of good people here and it looks like
you've been given some great advice.  I just wanted to say a few things that
came to mind as I read the posts regarding Boo Boo, some of which might have
already been touched on.  First, if you don't find a vet that will work to save
Boo Boo, find one who will.  It means all the difference in you and Boo Boo
being supported at this trying time.  Second, absolutely get the prescrip for
doxycycline and treat for hemobartaenella regardless of the test.  It's
extremely difficult to see the parasites on a slide; one minute they're there,
the next they're not.  The treatment is three weeks minimum.  Third, prednisone
(or prednisolone) is a good treatment for anemia.  Also, depending on how dire
the anemia is, Epogen might also be good.  There is lots of information on both
of these treatments in the
 archives.  Fourth, what is the anemia diagnosis?  Is it regenerative or
non-regenerative anemia?  What is Boo Boo's HCT/RBC/PCV count exactly?  If you
don't have a copy of his bloodwork, call the vet and get it so that you know
exactly what you're dealing with.  You can post those numbers here and there
will be people who know what they mean who can help you and Boo Boo.

Please keep us posted on Boo Boo's progress and if you need anything at all,
just ask!
:)
Wendy
Dallas, TX

world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~