Please remember that cats normally sleep around 75% of the time. We are supposed to sleep over 30%. He may just be doing what cats do. Please don't read too much into things. It will rob you of the pleasure of his company. I learned the hard way.
On Feb 22, 2008, at 8:05 PM, Lynne wrote:

Thanks Sally. From what I read on those sites, BooBoo's situation sounds more chronic than acute. He has a bit of runny nose, snorts when he eats and occasionally sneezes. It seems to be more of a nuisance than a problem. I've told the vet about it but he kind of dismissed it.

Boo has had 2 really good days. His breathing is pretty much normal now and he went out for fresh air twice today. He was being all sweet and purring tonight. I'm afraid Bob and I are really spoiling him. We get our exercise by running upstairs every half hour or so to tell him what a good boy he is. He's very tired though and sleeps most of the time. We don't expect a lot from him but he seems pretty content.

Lynne
----- Original Message -----
From: Sally Davis
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 8:46 PM
Subject: Re: coughing

Hi Lynne

It is one of several viruses that cause most kitty colds/flu it is :
Feline rhinotracheitis virus (feline herpesvirus type 1 or FHV-1) causes acute respiratory illness known as rhinotracheitis (or feline herpesvirus infection). The virus affects domestic and wild cats worldwide.

The following website gives more information
http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/rhinotracheitis/

They can test for it. The other common virus is FCV feline calicivirus

http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/calicivirus/index.shtml

Hope this helps. I assume Junior has the 1st one because of the eye infection he had a year ago is classic symptom. The FCV causes mouth ulcers. Junior does not get these.

How is BooBoo doing?

Sally