Thanks, Natalie.
I took Lucky to the vet last week; he didn't seem to have a uti or kidney issue. In fact, Lucky has "bounced back" quite remarkably -- his fur is thickening up nicely, growing back in the bald spots and (best of all) he's putting back on his weight. Eats good, drinks good....Just the spitting up issue now. I've learned so much from you folks with your generous posts, I can't thank you enough. And I'm very moved by your commitment to improving the lives and caretaking for these wonderful animals!
~Bonnie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Natalie" <at...@optonline.net>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Fw: Bonnie

I have dealt with many, many renal failure cats - some urine may be quite
diluted if cat gets fluids daily; however, those that don't and don't drink
enough water, the urine can be quite concentrated.  I've also had an older
cat that didn't get sub-q fluids, and he always peed under himself in his
sleep. Every cat and every case is different, even if they all receive the
same treatment. But since most of the renal failure cats get Calcitriol,
their lives have been dramatically changed for the better and longer,
without many typical and expected side effects. Natalie