I would agree. As a tenor, the treble cleff has less ledger lines, and
is generally easier to sight read, although I don't really think that it
makes a huge difference for me: I tend to sight sing by intervals, not
by absolute pitch. Where the note "falls in your throat" sometimes
throws me off, but generally it doesn't matter. Even the traditional C
clef doesn't really bother me, once I get my bearings.

I also do a fair amount of notating for choirs, and find I get less
complaints when using the 8vb treble clef. Because of publishing house
requirements, I notice that they may want you to use as few staves as
possible, to save paper. Personally, as a tenor I find this maddening,
because I have to keep switching clefs. I'd rather just stick to one
clef, since a lot of what I do is performing with very few rehearsals.

 From a composition point of view, I prefer to notate depending on the
music. Music that is polyphonic - I prefer to notate all four parts
(with tenor on the 8vb treble), but otherwise prefer two clefs because
it's easier to proof the harmonies. But again, it generally doesn't
matter that much to me. I think as a composer, you need to consider how
your piece will be performed, and make it easier for the performer to
understand, whether or not they are reading for sight-singing or not.
The less time spent explaining everything, the better for the director.

And certainly, reading multiple clefs should not be a problem. Our
director (of an amateur choir) frequently has us reading parts meant for
other singers (e.g., alto reading the bass and singing it an octave
higher), and it has been beneficial, in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents.