From: Ralph LaChance [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 3:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PDF Viewer] Utility request

I agree with Oleg's last sentencetotally - which I translate roughly to
"lets fix the
awt renderer"

In fact, I'd add a 3rd (or 2 1/2) user - the one who wishes to go directly
from
xml to a printer via fop.

My colleagues here and I have inserted several changes to tweak spacings,
borders,
and so on over the past two years, and several other contributors have
refined the awt renderer over even more.

Recently, I got stumped by a problem in that java's font engine rasterizes
glyphs
differently depending on whether the target was the on-screen graphics