Victor,

The IAC, by this account, only has support for Macintosh and DDE/OLE on
WIndows.  While some work on support for OLE 2 document formats has been
done in the Jakarta POI project, I don't know that this will solve the
problem of cross-platform support for the project you have in mind.  If
it's not x-platform, it violates one of basic assumptions of the Apache
XML efforts (although users without access to Java 2 may raise their
eyebrows at that.)

Peter

--
Peter B. West  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest