Hello, William,

> > 'Update' is misleading. It's rather 'change'. But you also have
> > 'change' in the production submenue.
> >
> As I suspected, a language problem.  Alter, Change, Edit, Modify, and
> Update are all relatively synonymous.  Update is a technically clearer
> choice here than change (which is a very ambiguous generic term).
>
>    http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=change
>    http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=update

Thank you. Quote:

Verb

    * S: (v) update (modernize or bring up to date) "We updated the
kitchen in the old house"
    * S: (v) update (bring up to date; supply with recent information)
    * S: (v) update (bring to the latest state of technology)

That supports me in my standing opinion that 'Update' is the wrong term
here.

[opening mistakingly a dozen of city windows]

> I suspect the user will only make this mistake once....

Yes, because he or she stopps playing Freeciv after that ...

> A language problem compounded by lack of understanding the menu system.

Choosing UI terms for the sake of fitting shortcuts instead of meaning?

Christian